D. Compliance to Guild Rules: All guild members are required to read The Second Sith General Rules and Requirements. All questions, complaints or issues are to be taken to guild leaders who will resolve them on a case by case basis as best as circumstances allow.
2. Communications Protocols: There are multiple forms of communication available to guild members. These include all in game chat channels, whispers/tells as well as in-game mail. Also available through the guild web site are forums, shoutbox, live chat and direct messages. We also provide voice chat via a guild sponsored Teamspeak server. The following rules govern all these forms of communications.
A. Zero Tolerance Policy: The Second Sith has a ZERO tolerance policy against inappropriate behavior. "Trolling" or any form of abusive, harassing, insulting, intimidating, bullying or otherwise offensive or malicious behavior is absolutely prohibited as long as you are associated with this guild and will result in immediate removal from the guild if evidence of it is presented to the guild leadership and the guild leaders deem it in violation of the spirit of the guild and these rules. If you can not be a part of our guild without causing problems, you can not be a part of our guild.
B. Mature Conduct: The Second Sith is a family-friendly guild. As such, we ask that all public guild chat remain PG-13 Rated. This means, no excessive swearing or foul language. If something is questionable, err on the side of caution out of respect for your guild-mates.
We do not police or censor guild member conversations in public chat channels. However, keep in mind that when you playing on a charcter that is in the guild your actions reflect upon the guild. If your actions are deemed inappropriate by guild standards, or if you are in violation of any Terms of Service set forth by Bioware or Electronic Arts, or if you in violation of any local, state, federal or international laws the guild reserves the right to terminate your membership within it.
If you are witness to any inapporpriate behavior that is unbecoming of a member of this guild the best course of action is to screenshot the offending text and forward it to a guild leader for further action. In the interest of avoiding unneccessary conflict please do not take it upon yourself to take direct action on anyone you believe to be violating any rules. Put them on ignore if you must, but ultimately allow the guild leaders to handle it with regard to guild related violations. We feel that if members attempt to police each other, it only leads to conflict.
Additionally, members who are found to be in violation of Bioware and/or Electronics Arts Terms of Service or End User License Agreements will be reported to the proper abuse departments along with any supporting evidence upon request of Bioware/Electronic Arts. Any members who are suspected to be in violation of any local, state, federal or international laws will be reported to the proper authorities along with any supporting evidence upon request of those authorities.
C. Spamming: Spamming in guild chat, general chat, or any other in game channel viewed by more than just the offender is prohibited unless it is an informational post sanctioned by the guild leadership. These include guild advertisements, guild related public service announcements or reponses to in game guild sponsored events.
D. Drama Free: We strive to maintain a drama free environment for our players. Keep other players in mind at all times. We are all here to enjoy the game and have fun as long as it is not hurtful to others. Please refrain from any activity or conversation they could be offensive or inappropriate. Some especially senstive topics include but are not limited to politics and religion, discussion of which are best avoided if possible. Individuals identified as repeat offenders of this rule will be removed from the guild upon consensus of the guild leadership.
E. Forums: Forums have been made available for guild members. These forums can be used to research in-game information such as class, race, profession, instance or raid information. The forums can also be used for questions and concerns about the guild, in game play, etc. Please feel free to add any information that would be useful to other guild members.
Please refrain from posting any inappropriate content which may include but is not limited to adult oriented material, proprietary game or industry information, abusive or malicious post directed at anyone or material that is illegal as defined by your local, state, federal or international law enforcement authorities.
F. Voice Chat: The voice chat servers (Teamspeak 3 and Discord) are for guild members only, with the exception of those who are running instances, flashpoints or operations with guild members.
Use of this service is intended for adults 18 and over. Content presented in this forum may be inappropriate for children. Views, ideas and opinions expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of The Second Sith Empire or its leadership.
If you would like to invite a non-guild member to use our Teamspeak server you may do so provided there are sufficient voice slots available to accomodate existing demand of guild members.
There are a limited number of user slots available on the Teamspeak server. Preference will always be given to guild members over non-guild members. This may at times result in non-guild members being removed from an in-session connection in order to accommodate other guild members.
Please be polite and courteous to anyone on voice chat while using it yourself. Abusive language, insults, bullying, intimidating, ethnic slurs, or malicious or insenstive remarks are prohibited. Threats of violence or bodily harm are prohibited.
Use of voice changers, sounds boards, modulators or other disruptive technologies or sound generators that are not sanctioned in advance by the guild leadership are prohibited.
We ask that all users operation on Push To Talk Mode (PTT) in order to minimize channel congestion. Voice Activation (VOX) settings can be difficult to manage and can be disruptive to the channel through inappropriately open mic sessions, feedback and echo issues.
All conversations on this server are subject to recording, rebroadcasting and live broadcasting at the discretion of guild leadership
3. Open Door Policy:The leaders of the guild are always interested in getting feedback from the guild members. Whether in the form of polls, suggestions on the forums or direct messages to leaders we have an open door policy and respect the opinions of all of our members. All recommendations for guild events, guild website and policy improvements will be considered by guild leaders.
4. Guild Bank:The Guild Bank is provided as an easy way for members to acquire in game items the desire; however, each member is expected to give as well as take. All guild members can donate both credits as well as items to the Guild Bank. The amount of credits and the number of items that can be removed from each vault during the course of a gaming week is determined by the guild members rank.
Your Guild Bank withdraw allowance is intended for individual character repairs and to facilitate guild events with Flagship Summons functions. Your withdraw allowance from the guild bank is NOT intended as a salary to the guild member. Should you need to withdraw a large amount of credits for personal expenses it is recommended to let a leader know in advance or immediately after withdraw of the funds. Repeated excessive withdraws (in excess of a million credits) constitutes abuse of the Guild Bank. The Guild Bank Ledger is reviewed regularly to ensure adherance to this policy.
Abuse of the guild bank (including but not limited to taking items for non-guild members or selling bank items for personal gain) is grounds for immediate removal from the guild.
5. Guild Events: The Second Sith offers a variety of regularly scheduled and special events. These events are scheduled in advance for the convenience of our members. The following rules apply to all guild sponsored events.
A. General Rules:
Scheduled events feature a sign up ability on the guild web site which should always be used to express your intent to participate in any given event. Events are scheduled as server time. Since the server is an East Coast server all times would be in Eastern Time.
Individuals who have signed up for an event are considered to have committed themselves to the event
Ensure you are logged into the game and in the proper in-game location at least 15 minutes prior to event start time
If you are unable to attend an event you have committed to it is your responsibility to notify the event organizer through any means available at the earliest possible time
All scheduled events will have an estimated duration. Ensure you are available for the duration of the event you have signed up for before signing up for an event. Events can and do run beyond their estimated run times, please keep this in mind when considering your availability for a given event you have signed up for.
B. Raiding Events: Raiding is never mandatory and you are not required to participate in any of them to be a part of the guild. If you do sign up for a raid, we will expect you to show up on time. Please avoid signing up if you are not committed to attending. We understand that real-life happens, and sometimes you won’t be able to show up for a raid you wanted to go to on. If at all possible, please send an in-game mail to the raid leader alerting them that you won’t be able to make it.
NOTE:Please refer to the various Raiding Rules documents available in the About Us section of the guild web site for more specific rules regarding Raiding events
C. PVP Events: Like raiding, participation in PVP is not mandatory to join the guild, but will be available as an option for those who wish to participate. PVP nights will be scheduled the same as raiding nights.
D. Role Playing Events: We understand that not every member of the guild choses to participate in in-game role playing. However, we do ask that you treat other members who are role playing respectfully. If you intend on participating in a schedule role playing event the same guidelines for signup and preference apply to this as they do to all other scheduled event signups.
6. Event Attendance: In the interest of maintaining an active and engaged guild community members of the guild are encouraged to participate in guild events. Participation in scheduled guild events is rewarded with Web Point vouchers that can be redeemed on the Guild Web Site under the Store section. Web Points can then be used to purchase in game items or high level ranks within the guild.
A. We ask that members attend at least one event per month, regardless of the type of event. Otherwise there's little point to being in a guild.
B. Members who are consistently absent from guild events over the course of 30 days may be removed from the guild for inactivity.
7. Alternate Characters:We understand that people enjoy playing alts, however we must balance that against a desire to avoid flooding our guild with infrequently played characters. The following rules govern alternate characters in guild.
A. Non-officer alternate characters may not hold any rank above that of Ensign, with the restrictions and privileges associated with that rank.
B. All alternate characters must denote the fact that they are an alt and the main character associated with them. This information should be set in the characters member note field in the guild window
C. While we do not currently restrict the number of alts a member may bring into the guild, it is recommended that no member should bring in more than four alts representing each of the basic character classes
D. Members may re-designate their main character no more than once per month by notifying a ranking officer (Fleet Admiral) and above. The officer will adjust the member notes on each of the members alts and the main and change the ranks for the affected characters as necessary. It is recommended that you minimize the number of changes because of the administrative effort needed to affect such changes.
8. Game Attendance: In the interest of maintaining an active and engaged guild community and avoiding stagnation of inactive characters The Second Sith Empire rigidly imposes an attendance requirement.
A. Any main character that is inactive for 30 days or longer will be removed from the guild.
B. Any alternate characters associated with a main character removed from the guild for exceeding the inactivity limit will be removed at the same time as the main.
C. Any alternate character that is inactive for 30 days or longer will be removed from the guild.
D. Members who expect to be away from the game for any length of time in excess of 30 days may notify an officer. The officer will place a note in the users member note indicating an extended absence. Guild members may be granted a leave of absence up to six months upon request, no questions asked.
9. Guild Web Site Usage: As a guild we rely on the resources and tools provided on our guild web site very heavily. As a result, we do have a mandatory requirement for visiting and logging in to the web site in order to view vital information,news, events and policy changes.
B. Failure to maintain the prescribed visitation to the website will result in removal from the guild during regular roster maintenance periods.
10. Multi-Guilding: We understand that SWTOR is a particularly story driven game, with each class having its own storyline, and many people are going to want to play alts, including Republic alts. We welcome players participating in other guilds at their leisure in order to experience all that the game has to offer.
Please be advised that you're existing guild characters in The Second Sith Empire will still be subject to the attendance restrictions above.